The Resource "Subtle is the Lord-- " : the science and the life of Albert Einstein, Abraham Pais
- "Subtle is the Lord-- " : the science and the life of Albert Einstein, Abraham Pais
- Title remainder
- the science and the life of Albert Einstein
- Statement of responsibility
- Abraham Pais
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes
- Purpose and plan -- Relativity theory and quantum theory -- Portrait of the physicist as a young man -- Entropy and probability -- The reality of molecules -- "Subtle is the Lord-- " -- The new kinematics -- The edge of history -- "The happiest thought of my life" -- Herr Professor Einstein -- The Prague papers -- The Einstein-Grossmann collaboration -- Field theories of gravitation : the first fifty years -- The field equations of gravitation -- The new dynamics -- "The suddenly famous Doctor Einstein" -- Unified field theory -- Preliminaries -- The light quantum -- Einstein and specific heats -- The photon -- Interlude : the BKS proposal -- A loss of identity : the birth of quantum statistics -- Einstein as a transitional figure : the birth of wave mechanics -- Einstein's response to the new dynamics -- Einstein's vision -- The final decade -- Epilogue -- Of tensors and a hearing aid and many other things : Einstein's collaborators -- How Einstein got the Nobel prize -- Einstein's proposals for the Nobel prize -- An Einstein chronology
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- xvi, 552 p.,  p. of plates
- Other physical details
ContextContext of "Subtle is the Lord-- " : the science and the life of Albert Einstein, Abraham Pais
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by St. Clair Shores Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.